Cadwell Park - End of Summer showdown - who's in?

Scotty

Re: Cadwell Park - End of Summer showdown - who's in?

Postby Scotty » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:42 pm

Alas I have no more holiday available to book so you’ll have to enjoy Cadwell without me getting in the way this time... :cry:
Wheelies - they ARE big, and they ARE clever

slow andy

Postby slow andy » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:52 am

Quite a few of us doing the MSV day on the Monday before. Cadwell for 3 days! That should make us "old boys" ache a bit.
Just figured need the Monday off work to travel up, so may as well travel up Sunday and get the 3 days in.

donal mc carthy

Postby donal mc carthy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Andy you have too much money and time on your hands

MarJay

Postby MarJay » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:42 pm

Hi Gents, (and ladies!)

I Was a member of the OMCC years back (2012!! That long?) :shock: when I did a couple of ARDs. At that time I lived in Reading but now living in Basingstoke, so joined once again to do Sunday's ARD. I've just booked the Cadwell trip as I wanted to do another 2 day Cadwell before the summer is out. I'm very much looking forward to it!

I don't really know any other OMCC members, as my friends who were members have all moved away or stopped riding, so I guess I'll see some of you at the ARD or in Lincolnshire. Please do say hello, I'll be on a black 600RR with a pair of red stripes effected in the finest red electrical tape! :)

PS done Cadwell many times but a knock to my motorcycling confidence about ten years ago has seriously dented my track ability. Hopefully it's coming back a bit now... :)

DanR6

Postby DanR6 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:56 pm

Hi mate,

A few of us will be at cadwell as well.
I'm looking for someone to share a lift/split fuel with if you know anyone travelling on their own who fancies it?

MarJay

Postby MarJay » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:22 am

DanR6 wrote:Hi mate,

A few of us will be at cadwell as well.
I'm looking for someone to share a lift/split fuel with if you know anyone travelling on their own who fancies it?

Ah sorry mate missed this. My trailer will only take one bike at the moment, so I don't think it would have worked anyway, but when I get a chance I'll outfit it for two and then lift sharing becomes more of an option!! I'm genuinely gutted I missed this, because I might have been able to sort something... :(

MarJay

Postby MarJay » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:35 am

I just want to say a huuuge thanks to everyone at the track event at Cadwell. The OMCC is obviously a great club, everybody made me feel welcome and as much as I'd like to thank you all personally I learned so many names that I doubt I'd be able to do you all justice.

A number of people seemed surprised that I would attend something like this without really knowing anyone, but for me I just approached it like a normal trackday where no-one knows each other. After doing the event I now realise how close the OMCC is and how many of you all know each other so well. This could have meant that an outsider such as myself would be left out, but far from it. I felt very welcome and met so many people who were willing to help me out, even if it was just to chat about how the day was going etc. I'm equally certain that if I were to have had any type of issue during the event that countless people would be willing and ready to help me out. I did partake of a couple of cups of tea and a can of coke or two and I hope that at future events I'll be able to return the favour (note to self: Must buy a travel kettle!!).

I'd also like to make special mention of the quality of riding on the days. I've done tons of trackdays since 2003 when I did my first on my old curvy SV650 and I have to say I don't think I've ever been so pleased at the standard of riding. All of the overtakes were very clean, everyone gave everyone else a decent berth and there was no apex snatching or standing people up in corners that I saw in my group. I'm by no means quick and have generally stuck in novice for a long time, and only just recently developed the confidence and skill to move up to intermediates. This was absolutely the best event for me to make the move, and once again I have learned so much and my riding has improved.

I've no doubt I'll still be nervy at the next No Limits day I book in Inters, but I feel like I'm at a decent level to justify it. Some of that will be down to the amazing OMCC instructors (and even just some of the fast guys I spoke to) who imparted their knowledge in an understandable and useable way. There are some instructors on some events I've been on who are quick riders but actually have no idea how they do it, nor how to explain how they do it. Teaching is a skill as much as riding, and I'm very pleased to say the OMCC instructors have both skills in spades.

Apologies if I sound like I'm gushing a bit, but I really did have a great few days in Lincolnshire. I'll be looking forward to the next OMCC events greatly. Unfortunately with the club nights being on a Wednesday I doubt I'll be able to attend (as I have other commitments) but I'll certainly see you at the next ARD and track events.

Thanks again all! :D

markyboy

Postby markyboy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:08 pm

Look out lads, we've got a gusher here..... quick, get the Kleenex.... :lol: :lol:

They're a good bunch, and I'm always super grateful to volunteers who continue to donate their free time to make sure I have such a good time with such events. Like I've said before, if Carlsberg did trackdays...

Return to “UK Track Event”