Thank you...

gsxrdougie

Thank you...

Postby gsxrdougie » Mon May 21, 2018 10:01 am

To the Marshals and staff (mainly the Marshals) who made ARD work, a big thank you.

To the riders who behaved (that's most of you), thank you and well done; to those who got a bit carried away and whose behaviour wasn't as good as the rest, there's hope for you yet...

An update on our 'casualties': The chap who was hit from behind has a simple fracture of the right collar bone; hopefully he'll be back on his feet in a month and a half or so. If anyone has an update on the chap who had a free helicopter ride, please 'pm' me.

Hope to see many of you at Oulton Park; lists will be published a week or so before. Expect Fast/Inters, Inters/Novices and Novices.

There's also the Benson ARD on the 16th June. See their FB site for details.

Finally, the August ARD list should be open in due course (if the Station Commander gives permission..). Keep you ears and eyes open...

Doug
Doug

JHorton

Re: Thank you...

Postby JHorton » Mon May 21, 2018 6:01 pm

Thank you , Enjoyed the day cept for nasty accident, hope to join you again at the next ARD ( if you'll have me ) :)

Reedy2610

Postby Reedy2610 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:41 pm

Hi,I had a good blast on my aprilia at the ard really enjoyed it, my son came to watch, he cant ride as only got his licence for a 125 but is really interested in marshaling the next one . Do You have any more info on Benson ard as my searches have failed to find any info ,
Cheers :D

acbreeze

Postby acbreeze » Tue May 22, 2018 6:21 am

Fantastic time. Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen. Looking forward to Oulton Park. Dean, Mark, Mick, Paul, Colin, Billy, Sam, Ronnie, Roy, Ian, Mike, Scotty John.

acbreeze

Postby acbreeze » Tue May 22, 2018 6:27 am

Fantastic time. Thanks to everyone who helped make it happen. Looking forward to Oulton Park. Dean, Mark, Mick, Paul, Colin, Billy, Sam, Ronnie, Roy, Ian, Mike, Scotty John.

jamesyale

Postby jamesyale » Tue May 22, 2018 11:39 am

Many thanks to everyone involved in making the day happen, even nailed the weather :D

bladebod

Postby bladebod » Tue May 22, 2018 1:35 pm

Yes thanks very much for a rewarding day, seems the sun has a strange affect on members riding, Ive never known it so frantic and lungey around the chicanes. Also, Its a pity there wasn't another layout which avoided the dragstrip (or runway as its correctly titled) that way the circuit would lose the most dangerous part as we saw on the day. The twisties sort out those who can and cant corner, but the dragstrip is just that. Its not a test of anything just speed, and as we all know anyone can go fast in a straight line.
Well done the Instructors / marshalls and all involved in organising the day, we look forward to the next. Hope the riders who were injured get back in the saddle asap.

NELSON

Postby NELSON » Sat May 26, 2018 9:21 pm

Massive thanks to all for another great day.
Hope all are ok.

Return to “Airfield Riding Days”